Air Conditioning and RefrigerationView Catalog Listing
CIP Code - 470201
The mission of the Technical Diploma in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration is to provide specialized classroom instruction and practical shop experience to prepare students for employment in a variety of jobs in the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration service repair industry.
The Technical Diploma in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration provides specialized training which prepares individuals to install, diagnose, repair, and maintain the operating condition of domestic, residential, and commercial heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems.
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community Air Conditioning and Refrigeration program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of mathematical principles needed to install and troubleshoot HVAC equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the proper refrigerant handling techniques.
- Explain the principles of the refrigeration process.
- Diagram, install, and troubleshoot electrical devices and circuits as applied in the HVAC industry.
- Install and troubleshoot domestic air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to design, troubleshoot, and install residential air conditioning, gas heat, electric heat, heat pumps systems according to industry standards and practices.
- Demonstrate an understanding of industry safety procedures.