Business Office Administration
CIP Code - 520401
The mission of the Associate of Applied Science in Business Office Administration is to prepare individuals to provide technical support and special assistance to business professionals and other management personnel. The AAS was developed to meet the goal of workforce development by providing specialized classroom instruction and practical experience through five distinct concentrations; (1) General Office, (2) Accounting and (3) Medical Office.
The Associate of Applied Science in Business Office Administration prepares individuals to acquire marketable skills for entry-level employment positions and career advancement in various areas of business, industry, and government offices. Students will receive hands-on training in office technology software skills using Word, Excel, Access, and Publisher. Coursework in business calculators, records management, business communication, math, accounting, and office procedures is also included in the curriculum. This program provides students with safe and efficient work practices, basic occupational skills, customer service, job-seeking skills, employability skills, and strong work ethics required for success in the workplace.
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community College Business Office Administration program will be able to:
- Students will demonstrate technical skill in leading industry-based productivity software products.
- Students will maintain and operate office equipment efficiently.
- Students will apply and use correct communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate basic occupational and employability skills through critical thinking and situational analysis.
- Students will develop and apply industry desired personality traits and appearance.
- Students will be prepared to become responsible citizens and good leaders in business services and the world of human work as demonstrated through appearance, dependability, mental attitude, initiative, human relations skills, and other characteristics necessary for success on the job.
- Students will function efficiently in the office environment.