Commercial Vehicle Operation Program
Commercial Vehicle Operations prepares individuals for employment as professional truck drivers.
Commercial Vehicle Operations Program Description
LDCC Workforce partnered with Diesel Driving Academy (DDA) to provide the curriculum and instructors for LDCC. The Basic Driver Training Program covers behind-the-wheel training, and classroom work including traffic laws, backing & maneuvering the vehicle, pre-trip inspection, and how to be a safe driver on the road. Students will practice driving on our closed driving range, as well as on public roadways with a qualified driver instructor. Graduates of this program will be taught to perform the duties of an entry-level truck driver. Instructors are certified by the State of Louisiana as CDL Skills Test Examiners; holds Class A CDL with T,P,S,N, and H endorsements and have extensive over the road commercial vehicle driving and teaching experience. The CVO Training Program is open to students with no previous experience in the trucking industry. The CVO Program will cover the following:
- Introduction to Trucking
- Log Books
- Vehicle Inspections
- Competency Development
- Backing Maneuvers
- Vehicle Maneuvers
The CVO program is 160 training hours; LDCC offers day (4 weeks) and evening (8 weeks) classes.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a Current Valid Driver's License
- Be legally eligible to work in the United States
- Provide a Current Valid DOT Physical
- Provide a Current Valid Negative result DOT Drug Screen
- Provide a Current Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) from the Office of Motor Vehicles
- Be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to understand highway traffic signs and signals and directions given in English and to respond to official inquiries.
- Have or be working on obtaining their Class "A" CDL Permit from the Office of Motor Vehicles
For information regarding entry into the program contact Derrick Phillips, Office: 318-397-6189 E-mail: email@example.com