Preparing for Graduation
A student should meet on a regular basis with his or her academic advisor to ensure that progress is being made toward the completion of a degree. The academic advisor holds initial responsibility to determine the application of transferable course work to a degree program after Enrollment Services has identified the transferable courses.
All candidates for graduation must report to the academic advisor during the period specified in the Academic Calendar if they anticipate graduating at the end of the upcoming term to verify that they have satisfied all graduation requirements and must complete a degree audit and graduation application.
NOTE: DEGREES ARE AWARDED IN THE SAME TERM THEY ARE COMPLETED. IF YOU ARE SET TO COMPLETE YOUR DEGREE IN THE CURRENT TERM, MAKE SURE YOU ARE APPLYING TO GRADUATE IN THE CURRENT TERM. DELTA GRADUATES STUDENTS EVERY OFFICIAL TERM (SUMMER, FALL, AND SPRING) EVERY YEAR. DELTA ONLY HOLDS ONE CEREMONY (COMMENCEMENT) PER YEAR AT THE END OF THE SPRING TERM.
Please login to LoLA , click on Louisiana Delta Community College under Self Service and apply for graduation online under the student tab-->student records-->apply to graduate.
If you do not have the option to apply for graduation, please fill out the graduation application form and submit it to Enrollment Services at your campus.
- Complete all work in the curriculum described in the College Catalog in effect at the time of first enrollment at Delta. If a student changes his/her program of study or major, or if the student does not enroll at Delta for a fall or spring semester, he or she must use the catalog in effect at the time of the change of program of study or the return to Delta.
- Receive approval in writing from the department or division head for any deviation from the curriculum, as stated in the catalog being followed.
- Complete a minimum semester hours of acceptable college-level work as specified by program.
- Complete the required General Education courses with the grade of "C" or higher.
- Complete English 101 and English 102 with a grade of C or higher (if applicable for their program). Demonstrate proficiency in English competency and demonstrate proficiency in written communications, as required by the Board of Regents.
- Complete a minimum of three hours of college algebra with the grade of “C” or higher and demonstrate proficiency in mathematics as required by the Louisiana Board of Regents. Some degrees require an additional three hours of mathematics at a level above college algebra.
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 or better on all course work, including a GPA of 2.0 or higher on all course work attempted at Delta.
- Complete a minimum of 25 percent of the semester hours required for the degree through instruction at Delta with the last 15 hours taken at Delta. Appeals to this rule may be made with the department or division head.
- Be enrolled and in attendance at Delta during the semester of graduation. Students who apply for a degree after leaving school must have completed course requirements for graduation and have been enrolled within a ten-month period preceding the late application for graduation.
- Fulfill all obligations and regulations, including financial, to the College prior to established dates. Financial aid recipients must attend an exit interview before they will be allowed to participate in graduation or receive a diploma. Students should contact the Office of Student Services for details.
- Make application to the Registrar for graduation by the deadline noted in the Academic Calendar in the semester prior to the semester in which graduation is anticipated.
- Participate in commencement exercises. Exceptions must have prior approval of the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs.