Care and Development of Young Children
CIP Code - 190709
The mission of the Associate of Applied Science Degree in the Care and Development of Young Children is to improve the quality of the early childhood learning environments in our region through exploratory, experiential and student-centered course offerings. Some goals for this program are:
- To have an understanding of the Early Childhood Profession
- To gain knowledge of growth and development of young children
- To know developmentally appropriate practice in Early Childhood Education
- To effectively work with young children
The Associate of Applied Science in Care and Development of Young Children is designed as a degree program to meet the needs of those pursuing a career in early childhood development and the new guidelines established by the United States Department of Education as a part of the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) legislation. The program includes a 300 hour supervised work experience in an approved early childhood setting.
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community College Care and Development of Young Children program will be able to:
- Promote child development and learning.
- Apply child development and learning knowledge to build family and community relationships.
- Observe, document, and assess development to support young children and families.
- Demonstrate effective approaches in the teaching and learning process of young children.
- Demonstrate professionalism in the field of Early Childhood Education.
Some or all program credits transfer