Automotive TechnologyView Catalog Listing
CIP Code - 470604
The mission of the Technical Diploma in Automotive Technology offer training and practical experience to qualified applicants interested in preparing for careers in the field of Automotive Technology, and to provide entry level technicians for the automotive industry.
To provide specialized classroom instruction and practical shop experience to prepare individuals to engage in the servicing and maintenance of all types of automobiles at the entry level. To prepare individuals to select, safety use, and maintain hand and power tools, jacks, and hoisting equipment. Instructions in the diagnostics of malfunctions and the repair of engines; fuel, electrical, cooling, HVAC system, and brake systems; drive train and suspension.
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community College Automotive Technology program will be able to:
- Describe the theory of basic automotive systems.
- Engage in servicing and maintenance of all types of automobiles.
- Select, safely use, and maintain hand and power tools, jacks, and hoisting equipment.
- Diagnose malfunctions and repair engines; transmissions; drive trains; fuel systems; emission systems; electrical, air-conditioning, and brake systems.
- Demonstrate safe, efficient work practices, and basic occupational and employability skills.